To our valued Akarana Golf Club Members and Guests
Following the Prime Minister's announcement regarding COVID-19 being upgraded to level to level 4 the Akarana Golf Club will be closed effective immediately until further notice.
This means the clubhouse, bar, café, proshop and golf course is closed. This is in line with complying to the requirements of the alert level.
The main gate will also be shut to prevent entry to the club.
Please stay safe.
We will keep you updated when we can.
Previous news on this subject.
With the recent news and events surrounding the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, we are taking every possible precaution to protect the health of our members, guests and employees.
Member & Guests – Temporary changes to manage risk
- Do not come to golf or visit the club if you are unwell. If you do present unwell you may be asked to leave.
- Adhere to new border measures that are in place. Travellers arriving in New Zealand are now required to self-isolate for 14 days. If you have arrived into NZ in the last 14 days, please do not visit the club.
- Advise the Club immediately if you contract Covid-19 or have been in contact with someone suspected of having the virus and have visited the Club within the past 14 days. This will enable us to identify and communicate with possible close contacts.
- Avoid personal contact such as handshakes or hugs.
- Maintain social distancing and avoid large social gathering including while playing and in the Clubhouse. This will mean sitting appropriate distances apart.
- It is compulsory to Putt with the flag in.
- After your game of golf, please wash your hands before proceeding to the Golf shop, Bar, Café or Office.
- We are now required to have less than 100 people for all indoor gatherings at any point in time. Management and staff will be monitoring numbers so please keep in mind that staff may ask you to leave an area or move to assist manage risk and meet our obligations.
We have implemented the following precautionary steps to help prevent the spread of this virus:
- Golf Shop staff will regularly clean the check-in counter, card printing kiosk area, entrance doors and other guest contact areas.
- Golf Shop staff will clean steering wheels, seats, side handrails and contact points to all golf carts prior to customer use. Hire equipment will be cleaned after use.
- Greens staff will regularly clean machinery, ball washer handles, water fountains on course.
- Bar staff will regularly clean the bar counter, table-tops in the Clubhouse.
- Foodsters Cafe staff will regularly clean the cafe counter, table-tops, menus and guest contact areas after members and guests have completed their meal / coffee/ tea.
- Office staff will regularly clean their desks, computers and other guest contact areas.
We have COVID-19 signs displayed around the clubhouse and are following the Ministry of Health guidelines on health and safety protocols. We all have a role to play in preventing further spread of the virus so please help us protect yourself and others.
As of now, we believe that the club remains a safe environment for our members, guests and employees and will be closely monitoring further updates on COVID-19.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.